Start using that serger for more than finishing your seams. Today's sergers can do so much more. This is a monthly club that teaches new techniques and encourages you to think of your serger before just going to the sewing machine.
This month's project will be a tissue box cover.
* Fat quarter or 161/4 inch square of main fabric
* 5 inch by 15 inch strip of coordinating fabric—this strip will be embellished so a solid would show off the embellishment better
* 4-11/2 inch by 15 inch strips of contrasting fabric
* 1/2 yd light weight fusible interfacing (20” wide)
* 1.5 inch grommet
* 4 spools matching serger thread
* 2 spools of contrasting heavy decorative thread
* 1 spool of 12 weight thread (top stitching thread) in a coordinating color (optional)
Meets monthly, 2nd Tuesday. In-person only.